Before the little baby can move, the way he knows the world is “eating”. Almost every thing in the room has been put in mouth, but he likes the toy most.
When the baby put the toys in mouth, the bacteria on the toy will directly enter the baby's mouth. Although these bacteria are harmless to the baby's body in a short period of time, when the bacteria continue to proliferate and the amount and concentration of bacterial viruses per unit area or unit volume are accumulated to a certain extent, there is no doubt that the health of the children will be threatened.
Dr. Karen Sokal-Gutierrez( professor at the University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health), recommends that parents should clean up their baby's toys every month. Moreover, he also points out that when the following special circumstances occurred, the baby's toy should be cleaned immediately:
- Your baby become sick, such as diarrhea or catches cold;
- Baby's toy had been put in the mouth by other children
- Not playe a toy for a long time;
- Toy accidentally falls into dust or dirt.
In our traditional concept, cleaning up toys seems to be a very casual thing. But in fact that cleaning methods vary from the materials and sizes of toys.
Almost every baby will have a plastic toy, these toys are the kind of toys that the baby can easily put to his mouth. When cleaning plastic toys:
- You can use clean the surface of the toy wiht baby bottle cleaner.
- Then rinse the toy with plenty of warm water to wash away the stains and foam.
- Finally, put the washed toys in the net pocket to hang dry, or store them in a clean and ventilated basket for natural drying.
Plush Fabric Toys
Plush toys, cloth books, blankets or other fabric toys, although they look like a pollution-free appearance, but in fact they hide a lot of bacteria, mites and dirty things. There are literally at least 10 million bacteria hidden on each plush toy.
Cleaning plush toys normally follows two steps:
- Parents can clean plush toys with washing machine;
- Put the plush toys in the clothes dryer for 15 minutes for disinfection.
Karts, Transformers, RC cars and other metal toys are the most popular and favorite toys among teenagers. However, these toys are not easy to clean and sterilize because the circuit boards are usually placed inside them, so simple and rough washing is obviously impossible.
The correct way to clean:
- Remove the battery from the toy and wipe the surface of the toy with a dry cloth.
- If you want to completely disinfect these toys, you should buy some sterile gauze and 75% medical alcohol from the pharmacy, wipe the toys with gauze and alcohol disinfection.
- Wait until the alcohol evaporates before giving the baby a play ( Alcohol usually evaporates in 3 to 5 minutes).
For example, wooden puzzles for kids can not be easily cleaned.
- First of all, you should never soak them in the water, because there is a risk of deforming the toy. The correct way to clean it is to wipe it with a lint-free cloth and soapy water.
- In addition, wooden toys are prone to mildew after the tide, so maintenance of such toys must be regularly placed on a ventilated balcony to dry.
Board Books & Rubber Toys
Girls generally prefer cardboard books and rubber toys.
- Sterilize board books and rubber toys with white vinegar and water disinfection methods.
- Be careful to separate them when drying board books.